Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Extreme Middle

Why is it always the extreme right or the extreme left making a fuss? What about the middle?

People only protest when they're upset. But they create this false sense that lots of people are upset and share their view because they're the only ones running around shouting. The majority of people in the middle just want to get on with their lives and know that everything requires compromise and that the people actually in charge will do their best to come up with good solutions.

I sometimes find it amusing to think about going to a protest with a sign along the lines of:
"I'm generally ok with everything."
"I'm angry that people are angry!"
"I trust my representative to make a good decision."
"None of this really matters."
"I'm just here cause I'm bored."

No comments: